Documents are integral to both the practice and business of law. Law firms depend on high volumes of secretarial/administrative support, which in turn require significant management overhead. Increasing labor costs and budget constraints create constant pressure to do more with less.
Boost offers a range of word processing services that help law firms manage these challenges. We can reallocate many document-related tasks that can be done more effectively by specialized teams, improving lawyer-to-assistant ratios and optimizing how administrative resources are used. Boost’s highly trained word processing teams can assign time-intensive complex documents to multiple resources for faster turnaround and more thorough quality checking. Drawing on our extensive experience, we can streamline document workflows and balance work volumes across locations to optimize utilization of staff.
Utilizing these and other strategies, Boost delivers more efficient and reliable document support, while helping firms reduce overall operating costs and management overhead. With Boost’s Word Processing Services, law firms can do more with less and stay focused on the practice of law.
- Editing and Formatting – legal documents, document conversion, typing, indexing, tables of contents, tables of authorities
- Transcription – digital dictation and human-powered transcription
- Proofreading – word-for-word, compare and track changes, styles and standards
- Workflow coordination – task allocation, deadline management
- Prepare, format, revise and proof documents using digital dictaphone and email instructions.
- Work with the firm’s document management system in the recording, creation and revision of all documents
- Utilize legal formats and terminology when creating and revising documents
- Convert and format documents from other software programs
- Proofread all work completed before returning to lawyer(s) or staff
- converting .pdfs and cleaning up formatting
- blacklining documents
- inputting hand-written edits
- applying styles
- creating tables of contents
Performing basic email processes
- Logging in virtually to the firm’s mail server and reading/filing incoming emails
- Responding directly to clients using a law firm email address on basic matters
- Directing email to the appropriate people within the firm for further action
Time and Billing
- Entering pre-bill edits
- Inputting time entries
- Creating invoices
You can look to Boost Legal Support for all of your word processing needs. Call us at (403) 689-3444 to discuss our services. We look forward to hearing from you.