We are currently looking for an experienced Litigation Legal Assistant with approximately 4+ years of experience. The successful candidate will independently manage the daily activities of their lawyers’ practices. Experience in some or all the following practices: General commercial litigation (this one is a must), class action, construction litigation, cyber security, insolvency. The candidate will have a strong work ethic, be collaborative, professional, adaptable, positive and interested in their work.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
· Handling all administrative duties such as email and calendar management, coordinating meetings, making travel arrangements, etc.
· Preparing and maintaining a bring-forward system, as well as providing appropriate reminders.
· Under legal professional supervision, preparing legal documents and correspondence according to precedents and/or instructions (drafting letters, revising draft documents, and preparing document comparisons).
· Entering time dockets.
· Liaising with Billing Coordinators for the monthly production of accounts.
· Ensuring all physical and electronic filing is organized and up to date on a regular basis.
· Delegating tasks to, and coordinating with, other administrative departments.
· Providing backup coverage in the absence of other assistants.
· Other duties, as assigned
· Completion of a post-secondary Legal Assistant course.
· A minimum of 4 years experience as a Legal Assistant (large firm preferred).
· Experience in general commercial litigation is required; Experience in insolvency would be considered an asset.
· In-depth understanding of business and legal terminology.
· Solid computer and typing skills; proficiency in MS Office 365, Excel, Power Point, iManage DMS, Adobe Pro, etc