We are looking for a legal assistant who has experience working in commercial litigation for a law firm in the downtown core.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word and Outlook);
- Excellent at administrative tasks such as opening and closing of files, file management, proofreading and scheduling appointments;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and to multi-task and prioritize;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- The ideal candidate must speak, read and write English fluently.
- Graduated with a legal assistant diploma at an accredited school;
- At least 5 years of litigation experience;
- Comfortable drafting and reviewing documents and correspondence;
- Familiar with reminder or limitation systems for deadline dates as dictated by the Rules of Court;
- Manage lawyer’s accounts - prepare client pre-bills for review, finalize and send out bills, follow up on accounts, and resolve billing issues in cooperation with the accounting team;
- Conduct routine searches (CORES, LTO, Courthouse, PPR, SPIN II, Bankruptcy, etc.) and/or arrange for others;
- Prepare real estate related documents such as land titles registrations, court filings, conveyancing documents;
- Attend to filing court and regulatory documents;
- Attend to service of court filings.
We thank all applicants interested in this position; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.