We have a downtown firm offering a great opportunity for a junior corporate legal assistant.
If you are looking for a new opportunity, and have the following skills and knowledge, please contact us for an interview at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you!
- Proficiency and aptitude to train to advanced level in Microsoft Word and specifically large documents (formatting using styles, numbering, cross-referencing, table of contents, merges, etc.), document comparison software and Adobe Acrobat;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of other Microsoft Office programs (Excel and Outlook);
- Excellent at administrative tasks such as opening and closing of files, file management, proofreading and scheduling appointments;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and to multi-task and prioritize;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- The ideal candidate must speak, read and write English fluently.
- Graduated with a legal assistant diploma at an accredited school;
- Up to 4 years experience in corporate commercial law;
- Assisting lawyers and paralegals involved in corporate, commercial and other practice areas;
- Coordinating meetings in person and by video and teleconference and assisting with preparation for meetings;
- Managing files including searches, conflicts, retainers, opening, organizing, maintaining, billing and closing;
- Drafting, formatting and revising email and letter correspondence, memos, agreements and other documents;
- Conducting various searches for due diligence and other purposes;
- Submitting documents for registration at Land Titles, Personal Property Registry and other registries;
- Drafting and revising documents, checklists and organizing materials for meetings, transactions, closings;
- Preparing closing books and assisting with organizing and updating corporate records;
- Administration of time entry and billing of client files;
- Supporting marketing and business development activities; and
- Performing other legal and administrative tasks assigned from time to time.
- Other duties or tasks as required.
We thank all applicants interested in this position; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.