We are currently searching for a Corporate Legal Assistant (must have Legal Assistant Diploma from a recognized college). Candidate must have 4-7 years of experience in Corporate practice, large firm experience is an asset. Salary will be based on experience, we are quite competitive in the local market.
We are looking for someone who is professional, engaged in their career and managing a practice and supporting their lawyers, someone who wants to be a part of a great firm and is willing to work hard.
Please contact us for an interview at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you!
- Drafting, preparing and proofreading correspondence, accounts and various transactional documents and forms.
- Maintaining, scanning, e-filing all documents and correspondence.
- Preparing closing documents and closing books.
- Entering and maintaining lawyer’s dockets and coordinating with the Accounting Department, when necessary; preparing detailed billings.
- Dealing with and responding to client inquiries expeditiously and conducting follow up; keeping the lawyers apprised of interactions in their absence.
- Preparing and updating cheque requisitions and expense reports.
- General administrative duties such as scheduling appointments and meetings, photocopying materials, booking meeting rooms, making travel arrangements, etc.; working with other related Departments/services internally to provide documents and other materials on time to meet client needs.
- Maintaining and organizing files, both electronic and hard copy as required.
- Demonstrating a team approach; supporting and standing in for colleagues to cover absences; ensuring strict adherence to confidentiality; accountability in relation to both internal and external clients to achieve outputs and goals for the Department and the Firm.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-7 years’ experience as a Corporate Legal Assistant; Certificate or Diploma from a Community College or equivalent;
- Confident and dependable professional with strong initiative and ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Experience working with large documents;
- Have the ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, prioritize work, and take direction;
- A team oriented approach and the ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Must possess excellent technical, written and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word;
- Possess a mature, professional attitude, meet strict deadlines with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.