Interested in a good Life + Work Balance? Want to work part-time ranging from specific days, to one or two weeks at a time?
Do you go away for the winter to avoid Calgary's cold weather, but want to work in the summer?
We are always looking for legal assistants who are interested in temporary work throughout the year.
Temporary work is also an excellent way to get your foot in the door and can often lead to permanent work if there is a good fit with the firm.
Try it out. Send us your resume firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photocopying and scanning;
- Word processing of documents and drafting memos and letters;
- Organizing and maintaining legal files;
- Opening and closing files;
- Drafting agreements, court document and other legal documents;
- Scheduling meetings and telephone conferences.
- Graduate of an accredited legal assistant program or equivalent skills acquired through work experience (minimum 1 year as a legal assistant);
- Ability to be flexible and can adapt to most work environments quickly;
- Excellent word processing and computer skills (Microsoft Word and Outlook)
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Above average spelling, grammar, and punctuation;
- Excellent proofreader;
- Experience with a document management system (Worldox, iManage, DM and NetDocuments) an asset;
- Understand basic accounting principles and are familiar with legal accounting software such as Aderant, PCLaw or EsiLaw