We are looking for a legal assistant who has experience working in litigation for a permanent position in a boutique law firm outside of the downtown core.
If you have troubles uploading your resume, please send same to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to this job posting.
We look forward to meeting you.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word and Outlook);
- Excellent at administrative tasks such as opening and closing of files, file management, proofreading and scheduling appointments;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and to multi-task and prioritize;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to adapt to a variety of working styles;
- The ideal candidate must speak, read and write English fluently.
- Graduated with a legal assistant diploma at an accredited school;
- At least 3 years of litigation experience;
- Comfortable drafting correspondence, preparing and filing pleadings;
- Familiar with reminder or limitation systems for deadline dates as dictated by the Rules of Court;
- Experience performing Court searches, scheduling various applications, questionings and court dates;
- Putting together briefs/factums, lists of authorities and books of authorities;
- Experience helping lawyers prepare files for court;
- Understand basic accounting principles and are familiar with legal accounting software such as Aderant, PCLaw or EsiLaw.
We thank all applicants interested in this position; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.