Boost Legal Support is both a recruiting and temporary placement agency that supports legal assistants, paralegals and law firms.
Our client, a firm in downtown Calgary is looking for a legal assistant who has at least 5 years of experience working in litigation.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word and Outlook);
- Understanding of Styles and proper paragraph numbering required;
- Excellent at administrative tasks such as opening and closing of files, file management, proofreading and scheduling appointments;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and to multi-task and prioritize;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- The ideal candidate must speak, read and write English fluently.
- Graduated with a legal assistant diploma at an accredited school or equivalent experience;
- At least 5 years of litigation experience;
- Comfortable drafting correspondence, preparing and filing pleadings;
- Familiar with reminder or limitation systems for deadline dates as dictated by the Rules of Court;
- Experience performing Court searches, scheduling various applications, questionings and court dates;
- Putting together briefs/factums, lists of authorities and books of authorities;
- Experience helping lawyers prepare files for court;
- Working knowledge of Eclipse SE is an asset, but not required;
- Understand basic accounting principles and are familiar with legal accounting software such as Aderant, PCLaw or EsiLaw.
We thank all applicants interested in this position; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.