If you are looking for a new opportunity, we have a reputable litigation firm looking for a litigation assistant with strong skills to work for a partner and one associate. Minimum of 5 years experience.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word and Outlook);
- Excellent at administrative tasks such as file management, proofreading and scheduling appointments;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and to multi-task and prioritize;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Graduated with a legal assistant diploma at an accredited school;
- At least 5 years of litigation experience;
- Comfortable drafting correspondence, preparing and filing pleadings;
- Familiar with managing deadlines as dictated by the Rules of Court;
- Experience performing Court searches, scheduling various applications, questionings and court dates;
- Confident preparing briefs/factums, lists of authorities and books of authorities;
- Experience helping lawyers prepare files for court;
- Understand basic accounting principles and are familiar with legal accounting software such as Aderant, PCLaw or EsiLaw.
We thank all applicants interested in this position; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.