Our client, south of Victoria, BC is looking to hire a legal assistant with at least 2 years of legal experience. For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to cross-train and expand your current skill set as a legal assistant.
The ideal candidate has a mature outlook coupled with a customer service background and excellent time management skills. It is preferred that the successful candidate possess an office assistant certificate or a legal assistant certificate from an accredited program. The role includes initial support to senior paralegals and lawyers practising in a variety of areas, preparation of legal forms, filing, handling phone calls/emails, scheduling appointments, accepting forms of payments and other various administrative tasks routinely performed by legal assistants.
This opportunity is intended to be full-time. Flex-Time and part-time may be available with the full intention to grow into full-time.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Outlook.
- Overall general office skills including ability to manage calendars and client contact information.
- Multi-task and prioritize work and meet quickly changing deadlines.
- Able to efficiently prepare, compile and organize legal and administrative correspondence and documents.
- Good with technology with the ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Comfortable liaising with court services and agents.
- Honest, reliable, mature, and self-directed.
- Previous experience in a legal office.
- Prior use of Excel and Adobe.