The following is a permanent placement in a firm located in the downtown core:
We are looking for a full time legal assistant in the area of Corporate/Securities law.
- Communicates in a professional manner with lawyers, clients and other team members;
- Has strong organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy;
- The ability to work within tight timelines and meet deadlines;
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Word; formatting with styles, proper use of paragraph numbering, cross referencing, blacklining and track changes;
- Transcribe from electronic dictation;
- Open and closing physical and electronic files;
- Maintain, organize and keep current electronic and physical client files.
- Graduated with a legal assistant diploma at an accredited school;
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working within securities law;
- Working knowledge of Closings – preparing agendas, closing documents and closing books;
- Experience with filing documents on SEDAR is an asset, but not required;
- Performing due diligence searches;
- Familiar with audit inquiries;
- Knowledge of a legal accounting program such as Aderant, Esilaw and/or PCLaw;