A great Calgary law firm is looking for a full-time Paralegal who has experience working in the area of residential real estate. The position requires the candidate to work closely with the Partner of the law firm.
- Have good Microsoft Word and Outlook skills;
- Must be able to draft correspondence and documents, manage calendars, schedule meetings and keep files organized;
- Communicate in a professional manner with lawyers, clients and other team members;
- Have strong organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Have the ability to work well under pressure and meet tight timelines and deadlines.
- Graduated with a legal assistant diploma at an accredited school;
- A minimum of 3-8 years' experience working in real estate law;
- Working knowledge of Unity/The Conveyancer, Lawyer Done Deal or similar software is an asset;
- Knowledge of a legal accounting program such as Aderant, Esilaw and/or PCLaw.
As a legal assistant, you should have experience with:
- Residential and builder real estate transactions
- Builder work is an asset;
- Drafting and full process of legal and banking documents in the areas of purchase, sale and refinance from opening to closing of the file;
- Conducting tax and title searches with attention to detail;
- Communicate with clients, realtors and third parties in a professional and courteous manner;
- Manage closing dates and other deadlines;
- Other duties as may be required.
We thank all applicants interested in this position; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.