This busy Calgary law firm outside of the downtown core is looking for a senior family law legal assistant to join their team. If you are great with people, smart, energetic and have at least 5 years of experience in family law this will be a great fit for you!
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- The candidate should be a team player and can interact and communicate with clients and opposing counsel comfortably;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work on multiple files;
- Works well under pressure;
- Advanced grammar and proofreading ability;
- Well-developed interpersonal and client service skills;
- Professional, courteous, and executes good judgment;
- Team player, and able to work independently;
- The ideal candidate must speak, read and write English fluently.
Legal Specific Skills
- Graduated with a legal assistant diploma at an accredited school;
- At least 5+ years of family law experience;
- You must be comfortable working with legal documents (divorce forms and Alberta Court forms);
- Competent with family law procedures;
- Comfortable independently gathering background history and information from the client;
- Good with numbers and the ability to obtain and organize financial disclosure and net family property statements;
- Have the ability to organize, prepare and gather Undertakings;
- Comfortable managing deadlines as dictated by the Rules of Court;
- Familiar with the Rules of Court relevant to family law and court filing procedures.
We thank all applicants interested in this position; however, only qualified candidates with at least 5+ years of family law experience will be contacted for an interview.