We are looking for a corporate paralegal with Cores II who is interested in working in a great company.
If you are interested in elevating your career and have the following knowledge and experience, we look forward to receiving your resume.
- Must be competent in Microsoft Word and Outlook;
- Must be able to independently draft correspondence and documents;
- Perform general office duties as required;
- Communicate in a professional manner with lawyers, clients and other team members;
- Has strong organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Has the ability to work within tight timelines and meet deadlines.
- Graduated with a legal assistant diploma at an accredited school;
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working in a team environment within a corporate department or similar experience;
- CORES Level II required, with a willingness to obtain CORES Level III ;
- Comfortable preparing and filing annual returns for Alberta and extra-provincial corporations, partnerships and other organizations;
- Experience with the regular maintenance of corporations and filings;
- Prepare and file corporate legal documents such as notices of change, articles of incorporation, notices, amendments, dissolutions, by-laws, share provisions, resolutions, share certificates, registrations and corporate records for Canadian and U.S. entities
- Comfortable conducting minute book reviews and preparing the necessary documents to bring minute books up to date;
- Ability to draft basic legal documents, such as shareholder or director resolutions;
- Experience with ALF or a similar corporate software is required.
We thank all applicants interested in this position; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.