Our client is looking for a legal assistant who has at least 2 years of experience in personal injury law, acting on behalf of the Plaintiff.
We are looking for someone seeking a new opportunity in a small, fast-paced firm, located outside of the downtown core.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Excellent at file management, proofreading and scheduling appointments;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and to multi-task and prioritize;
- The individual we are looking for should be very well organized and accustom to and excel at working in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to work under pressure with a busy practice;
- The ideal candidate must speak, read and write English fluently.
- Graduated with a legal assistant diploma at an accredited school;
- At least 2 years of Personal Injury (Plaintiff) experience;
- You should be able to work independently with a high volume of files;
- Be comfortable independently drafting pleadings such as Statements of Claim; writing correspondence; requesting and following up on medical records; complete undertakings with little instruction; and independently prepare and follow up with requests for productions;
- Familiar with reminder or limitation systems for deadline dates;
- Experience performing Court searches, scheduling various applications, questionings and court dates;
- Familiar coordinating independent medical examinations and retention of experts;
- Liaise between counsel, external parties, and insurance companies;
- Understand basic accounting principles and are familiar with legal accounting software such as Aderant, PCLaw or EsiLaw.
Only qualified paralegals will be contacted.