We are looking for a full-time legal assistant who has experience working in employment law.
The following is a permanent placement in a firm located in the downtown core. The ideal candidate must have:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word and Outlook);
- Excellent at administrative tasks such as opening and closing of files, file management, proofreading and scheduling appointments;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and to multi-task and prioritize;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to adapt to a variety of working styles;
- The ideal candidate must speak, read and write English fluently.
- Graduated with a legal assistant diploma at an accredited school;
- At least 2 years of employment law experience;
- Comfortable drafting correspondence, preparing and filing pleadings;
- Familiar with reminder or limitation systems for deadline dates as dictated by the Rules of Court;
- The ability to assist lawyers in drafting of standard litigation proceedings, collective agreements and various legal documents;
- Prepare various documents, letters and forms related to employment law (legal opinions, legal agreements, etc.);
- Experience working with the Alberta Labour Relations Board;
- Prepare, organize and maintain client files as well as independently perform follow-up procedures;
- Experience performing Court searches, scheduling various applications, questionings and court dates.
We thank all applicants interested in this position; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.