Our client, a boutique downtown law firm is looking for a full-time junior legal assistant who has experience working in the area of real estate.
- Have good Microsoft Word and Outlook skills;
- Must be able to draft correspondence and documents, manage calendars, schedule meetings and keep files organized;
- Communicate in a professional manner with lawyers, clients and other team members;
- Have strong organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Have the ability to work well under pressure and meet tight timelines and deadlines.
- Graduated with a legal assistant diploma at an accredited school;
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience working in real estate;
- Working knowledge of Conveyancer or Lawyer Done Deal software is an asset, but not required;
- Knowledge of a legal accounting program such as Aderant, Esilaw and/or PCLaw.
As a junior assistant, you should have some experience:
- Working on a real estate transaction (purchase and sale) from start to finish;
- With the preparation of documents for various types of real estate transactions;
- Drafting and preparing a Statement of Adjustments;
- Performing due diligence searches, including PPR.
We thank all applicants interested in this position; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.