We are looking for a full-time legal assistant or paralegal who has experience working in the area of Corporate law.
The following is a permanent placement in a firm located in downtown Calgary.
If you are interested in elevating your career and have the following knowledge and experience, we look forward to receiving your resume.
- Must be competent in Microsoft Word and Outlook;
- Must be able to independently draft correspondence and documents;
- Perform general office duties as required;
- Communicate in a professional manner with lawyers, clients and other team members;
- Has strong organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Has the ability to work within tight timelines and meet deadlines.
- Graduated with a legal assistant diploma at an accredited school;
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience working in a team environment within a corporate department or similar;
- CORES Level I required. Level II experience ideal, but not mandatory;
- Comfortable filing annual returns for Alberta and extra-provincial corporations, partnerships and other organizations;
- Experience with the regular maintenance of corporations and filings;
- Filing notices of change for the corporation address, lawyers and directors;
- Comfortable conducting minute book reviews and preparing the necessary documents to bring minute books up to date;
- Experience with Emergent or a similar corporate software (ALF) is an asset, but not required.
We thank all applicants interested in this position; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.